This dish was meant to use “headfish” but I couldn’t find any in Asian shops in Oslo 😦 so I used Nile tilapia instead And It was as tasty as a headfish.
1. Nile tilapia fish or any kind of fish you like
2. Thinly sliced bird eye chilli ca. 1 tablespoon
3. Lime juice 3 tablespoons
4. Lime outer skin, make dice cut 1 tablespoon
5. Fish sauce 4 tablespoons
6. Sugar 2 tablespoons
7. Thin slice of culinary 2 tablespoons
8. Spearmint leaves ca2-3 tablespoons
9. Thinly sliced lemon grass 2 tablespoons
10. Thinly sliced shallot or if you like better, make dice cut 3 tablespoons
11. Diced garlic 2 tablespoons
12. Sliced sour mango 3 tablespoons
13. Roasted chilli paste 2 tablespoons
14. Fried dry chilli
15. Cooking oil
1. Make about 3-4 crosswise cut on fish, both side. A fish I bought its scale and entrails were already removed so make sure to do all these before cooking. Then deep-fry with high heat until ready. Set aside.
2. Now we’ll make a spicy salad for pouring on the top of our fried fish. Add sugar, lime juice fish sauce, roasted chilli paste, chilli, lime skin, shallot, garlic, culinary, lemon grass and mix everything together. Set aside.
3. Put sliced sour mango on a plate, put a fried fish on the top.
Pour spicy herbs salad on a fried fish, then put spearmint leaves and fried dry chilli on top. Eat together with lettuce, yardlong bean and Thai sweet basil etc. So now you can enjoy a delightful meal.
Here you can find a list of Thai ingredients
Enjoy your meal!!
NB: If you have any questions regarding the recipe, just ask me 🙂