If you’ve got rice left over, don’t throw it away. I’m about to show you how to make a tasty dish so let’s see what are the ingredients we need.
1. Cold cooked jasmine rice (Don’t use fresh steamed rice, we don’t want it to be watery)
2. Shrimps (This is optional. You can choose chicken, beef or pork etc.)
4. Crushed garlic
5. Diced brown onion
6. Diced carrot
7. Sliced green onion
10. Light Soy sauce
11. Fish sauce
12. Oyster sauce
13. Cooking oil
1. Combine soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl. Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add cooking oil and swirl. Add shrimps and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
2. Heat a wok over high heat. Add cooking oil and swirl around, then add crused garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until golden. Add egg and rice. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are well combined.
3. Add sauce mixture, a bit of sugar and tomatoes to give colour. Fry until everything is well combined.
4. Add diced carrot, diced brown onion and return fried shrimps to a wok. Fry more about 2 minutes or until it is well combined. Serve on a plate and decorate on top with sliced green onion and other vegetables you like.
I usually don’t measure ingredients, always serve when my food taste good. I’ll make sure to measure them next time.
Enjoy your meal!!
NB: If you have any questions regarding the recipe, just ask me🙂